Tuesday, April 15, 2008

wheatgrass pregnancy for nutrition

Week 40: Day 5 ~ 4 Days overdue & eating struggles!

Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:01:22 EDT
I'm starting to lose my steam for this pregnancy and eating 100% raw to finish off - I really want to be raw so that my labor & ... I skipped my wheatgrass shot, just didn't have the stomach for it....

11 Days Postpartum ~ How We're Doing

Sun, 23 Dec 2007 03:35:47 EDT
I had so much energy this pregnancy and loved being able to keep my house clean without all the aches & pains I usually experience. ... My diet has been a little shaky. When we got home the first thing I did was send DH out to the store to stock up on greens, fruit, wheatgrass, and a big box of oranges....

wheatgrass pregnancyFocus on Feet

You've surely experienced aching feet at some point in your life. My first memorable experience was as a young adult. Having bought my first home, I would clean, paint, and do house projects from dawn till dusk on weekends. At the end of the day, the pain in my feet would be almost unbearable. Since that time several decades ago, awareness of the importance of foot health has grown. But, in truth, do any of us take much, if any, time out of a busy day to nurture our feet?

We surely should. The foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, and 19 muscles. When these bones are out of alignment, so is the rest of our body. Considering that the average person takes eight to ten thousand steps a day, the chance that some part of the complex system in our foot will go awry is fairly high.

While aching feet is not a major topic in the Cayce readings, it certainly qualifies as a significant secondary one. Many people, when given the chance to question the sleeping Cayce, would come to a question about their feet. As I perused these readings, I had a sense that sore feet is simply a part of the human condition, now and then. With that in mind, my research led me to two suggestions that I felt Cayce would want you to consider as you set out to nurse your feet back toward optimum health.

First and foremost, if your feet hurt and are out of alignment, your legs, knees, hips, and lower back will probably hurt, too. Cayce would suggest that osteopathic adjustments would be in order:

"(Q) What doctor should give the foot treatments?

"(A) The one that also gives the osteopathic spinal corrections." (678-2)

Another reading underscores the above suggestion: "(Q) What should be done for the condition of the feet?

"(A) The treatments from the lumbar area, in the corrections osteopathically, and then adjustments by the foot treatment to the bursae in the feet; and these will aid materially in relieving the pressure." (257- 163)

It seems clear that the aid and attention of an osteopath is important in correcting and keeping your feet at their best. The second suggestion would be to massage your feet daily with a combination of ingredients as follows:

"To 4 ounces of Russian White Oil, add:

Witchhazel - 2 ounces,

Rub alcohol - 1 ounce, (notwood, but rub alcohol compound)

Oil of Sassafras - 3 to 5 minims.

"Shake this together. Only use a small portion of same at the time. Begin with the hips and rub down.

"This would be good for anyone that stands on the feet much, or whose feet pain, or ankle or knees or tendons." (555-5)

This is probably the most "famous" Cayce foot-care formula and is available from Baar Products as SweetFeet.

I personally struggle with hip and knee pain and have recently begun to follow these two suggestions. I can attest to the fact that the improvement has been phenomenal. I hope that you will find the same!

Anne Hunt is a regular contributor to the Association for Research and Enlightenment, founded by Edgar Cayce in 1931 for the promotion of holistic health and studies of ancient civilizations, reincarnation, and personal spirituality.



| | | |

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home